Even sporting events like the Indy 500 have a red carpet to welcome celebrities.
When you think about celebrities, you probably assume that they came to their fame without having much education. There are more celebrities than you may think with degreesÂ â€” and not just a bachelor’s degree. Here is a list of 10 celebrities who have graduate degrees.
1. David Duchovny: Duchovny is best known for his role as Agent Mulder on The X-Files and more recently as Hank Moody on Californication. Before beginning his career, however, Duchovny received a master’s degree in English literature from Yale University.
2. Rowan Atkinson: If Atkinson’s name isn’t familiar, you’re likely familiar with one of his most famous characters, Mr. Bean. Although Atkinson has made it a career playing the idiot, he is far from it. Before acting, he first got a master’s degree in electrical engineering from Oxford.
3. Shaquille O’Neal: Shaq’s degree came later in life. After earning his bachelor’s degree in 2000 in general studies, he went on to earn his MBA online through the University of Phoenix.
4. Sigourney Weaver: Before her acting career took off, Weaver earned a master’s degree in art from Yale University’s School of Drama.
5. Bill Cosby: Famous for his stand-up comedy on everyday life, including giving his children chocolate cake for breakfast (after all, it has eggs and milk and flour), Bill Cosby believed education was important. Even while being successful with comedy and acting, Cosby earned a doctorate degree in education from the University of Massachusetts.
6. Art Garfunkel: Although he was known more for his music with Paul Simon, Arthur Garfunkle was also a math whiz earning a master’s degree in mathematics from Columbia University.Â
7. Spike Lee: Though born as Shelton Jackson Lee, it was his mother who named him Spike because of how tough he was. Lee graduated from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts in Film and Television. In fact, Lee has joined the ranks of celebrity professors by teaching film at NYU and Columbia.
8. Brian May: Though his first love is being a musician, as songwriter and lead guitarist for Queen, his second love is in astrophysics. Although he took time off from his doctoral studies to be a musician, he went back to school and, in 2007, earned his Ph.D. in astrophysics from the Imperial College in London.
9.Â Mayim Bialik: Best known for her role as Blossom in the show Blossom,Â Mayim Bialik earned her doctorate in neuroscience in 2008. Most recently, Bialik has returned to acting playing Amy Farrah Fowler on CBS’s The Big Bang Theory, where she plays a neurobiologist.Â
10.Â Ken Jeong: Though Jeong is best known as a comedian, starting his career at The Improv and Laugh Factory comedy clubs and currently appearing in NBC’s Community, Jeong earned his medical degree from theÂ University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is affectionately referred to as Dr. Ken.
Knowing that so many celebrities have earned graduate degrees, doesn’t it make you feel like you could do it too?Â
Actress, Jennifer Love Hewitt, dines with family at LAVO Las Vegas, NV, May 14, 2011 Ã‚Â© Al Powers / RETNA ltd
It’s been a while since we heard anything from actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, but she was out this weekend, enjoying a quiet evening with a small group of friends. Saturday night she dined at LAVO with a group of friends, enjoying specialties from the Italian hot spot.
Also seen eating at LAVO was Morris Chestnut, known for his roles in Boyz n the Hood and the TV series V.
Photo credit: Al Powers/Powers Imagery
This bombshell explains why Maria Shriver split with Arnold . . .
It’s Friday, it’s almost time for happy hour on the East Coast, so why not enjoy a bunch of supermodels? Apparently there was an event titled “The Reveal of the What Is Sexy? List” celebrated by the the Victoria’s Secret Bombshells celebrated at the Beverly in California. Whoever created this event is obviously a genius, as we see from the photo above that Candice Swanepoel, Miranda Kerr, Erin Heatherton, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio all attended this event, along with many more celebrity babes.
Posted in: Video
Tags: Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Candice Swanepoel, Erin Heatherton, Joanna Krupa, Katerina Graham, Melissa Molinaro, Miranda Kerr, Nicky Hilton, Supermodel Bonanza, supermodels, The Reveal of the What Is Sexy? List, Victoria's Secret, Victoria's Secret Bombshells, Victoria's Secret supermodels, what is sexy